Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Getting Real

It's been a while since my last blog post. Sorry to everyone, but don't worry I'll try to catch you up with what has been going on. I'll start with last weekend :)

We finally left the city to travel a bit. We went to Alexandrov Kremlin and Sergiev Posad. We had to meet early for the train to Alexandrov. We didn't go with Irina, we went with someone named Dasha. She was quite fun. It was quite strange for me when I first got there because I was used to the big Russian city and I just got to this town. We went to the Kremlin which was the residence of Ivan the Terrible. I really liked that tour and I could understand a lot of what our tour guide was saying. We went to Sergiev Posad next and met two of the people who unfortunately overslept. It seemed like it was a bigger town than Alexandrov. We had lunch there and I had what is possibly my favorite thing to eat, pelmeni! I don't know what it is about them, but some pelmeni with sour cream just makes everything better. But anyways, we got to the church and it was really nice. There were some souvenir stands set up in front of the church that I browsed with Nina. I thought it was kind of odd that there was this church place and right in front of it is some Russian guy selling all kinds of fur items. The contrast was a bit weird.

This week something really exciting happened. Well... at least I think it was. I finally went to a Russian gay club! After our meeting for info about the trip to St. Petersburg(keep reading haha) Pat, Nina, and I decided to go try it. The place was actually pretty decent. It was small but there were a good amount of people for the space. I felt like I found a good place in Moscow to just let my hair down and have some fun with a friend or two. The music was really good, it was like better than a lot of the stuff they play back at Dickinson parties haha I got to just dance and have some fun which I needed. I am definitely going back there again and possibly exploring more of the gay scene here in Russia. From what I have seen and heard, it's more of an underground thing. Hmmm possibly for my research project next semester? I think so.

Now to the future. I am leaving in a couple hours for St. Petersburg. I have heard a lot about the city but I have not actually seen it. I am expecting this European looking city and a different atmosphere than Moscow. Our schedule is packed with stuff to do and see. I'm really excited but part of me is a bit worried. I'm gonna be real for a second. I have a feeling like 9 people are going on this trip but only 6 or 7 are coming back. I am definitely coming back so don't even worry haha So yea... I expect some drama to happen. I mean, it's only natural with the kind of group we have. Not that we don't have a fantastic group, but I'm just saying... there is definitely some clashing happening. It's gonna be fun :)

PS. I want to plug Kim's flickr account. It's www.flickr.com/moscow-2009. It's probably going to have more photos than mine haha Don't worry, I'll upload when I come back from St. Petersburg.


No comments:

Post a Comment