Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm Loving It

Another week in Moscow has ended. I am starting to get really comfortable here. Although I do think to myself once in a while "oh my god. I am here for a whole year. What did I get myself into?" I'm pretty sure that's completely normal for students studying abroad. But overall, I am definitely loving life in the big Russian city.

This week classes finally started. I have 5 classes and 4 of them are in all Russian. Unfortunately our Dickinson group was separated into two different groups for the Russian classes. I was talking to Kara(a girl in the group) how it felt like forever since we have hung out or something and she felt the same. We laughed when we realized it had only been a day and a half since we all had lunch together at a cafe. I guess that's what happens when you're attached at the hip the first couple of weeks and then you suddenly different schedules. I am happy to meet new people though. In my new classes I met 4 new students, two are from America, one is from Japan, and the other one is from Korea. The girls from Korea and Japan are pretty cool. The one from Korea speaks English but the one from Japan does not which forces me to use my Russian with her. So far my favorite class is phonetics, the teacher is really great and I like what we learn. I'm pretty happy with my schedule.

Things at home changed a bit as well. Someone new arrived at the apartment. His name is Chris and he's from Brown but he's from Germany. So far he's pretty cool. His Russian is better than mine, which means he can talk more with homegurl Eleonora. It's great having somebody else living here with me other than homegurl Eleonora. Not that I don't like her. Other than last week's incident she's been great. Plus I'm still calling her homegurl. It just feels awkward for some reason just having the two of us and the cat. Maybe it's because in the beginning there were three people in the house. I don't know haha The one thing I will say is that she tries to feed us all the time. I'm just like sorry homegurl Eleonora, I'm not a turkey, you can't stuff me. I feel bad sometimes because she says that I must not like what she makes and I of course try my best to tell her that it's not that, I'm just really full or still full from the previous meal. It was actually quite funny, on Monday she called me during classes just because I didn't eat butter brod (like a sandwich?) with breakfast and also I didn't have any tea haha

Last week when the whole coming out incident occurred I was relieved to find such great support from everyone in the group. I am also very thankful to all who sent me emails/facebook messages and such. Your support means a lot. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment