Friday, December 18, 2009

The End of A Semester and the Start of Hot Cocoa's Vacation

So, it's been a while since I've written on here. It's the end of my first semester in Moscow. In this post I will talk more about my thoughts so far on life in Moscow more than retell recent events. But I'll include a few of course.

The last day we had some group event was yesterday when the remaining people went to go ice skating on Red Square! It was umm.. well.. an experience for me haha All I am going to say about it is my people were not meant to be on ice. But I'd like to thank Kim and Kelly for helping me finally get off the wall. Sadly at the end we had to say goodbye to Amy at the end since she was only here for the semester. A week before we also had our goodbye dinner with Pat and Nina who have already left. It was a great semester with the three of them and I will miss them dearly. I feel like it's going to be really strange to start the next semester without them here. But I will definitely see them when I get back to Dickinson next year, even Amy, she's coming to visit.

Today is my last day in Moscow. I haven't packed yet haha but that's alright, it doesn't take me long. I will be flying with Kim to Frankfurt and then taking the train to Kara's house. I have some travel plans for January which include: Bremen, Palma De Mallorca, London/Norwich, and Paris. I am beyond excited for this winter. I finally get the opportunity to travel in Europe and I am definitely taking advantage of it. I will hopefully be able to update while I travel in segments I will call "Hot Cocoa's Vacation".

My experience this semester in Moscow will definitely be unforgettable. I would have never imagined myself here in a 100 years. But I would not trade this experience for anything. Out of all the places we've been to and seen, in all honesty, Moscow is still my favorite. I can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something about it that the other places just do not have. The interactions that I have had with Russian people have all been interesting. On the street and on the metro the blank cold face is put on by almost everybody. But once you get to know them and are in an environment where you can socialize with them, their attitude changes and their bright side definitely comes out. Also, living with homegurl Eleonora has been quite the experience. She is a character, our previous conversations have been about UFOs, our past lives, politics, and traveling. I will obviously miss her. Next semester is going to be crazier with the internship and project and a CLASS WITH RUSSIAN STUDENTS. But of course, I will keep you guys updated. I know it's early, but one of my new year's resolutions is to write a lot more on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment